I love Steve. How many husbands will sing the National Anthem in front of dozens of people just so his wife can get a $5 gift card for frozen yogurt? That's my Steve! Saturday evening the 20th, was the Grand Opening of Yodipity Frozen Yogurt at Mesa Riverview http://www.yodipity.com/. I had a Buy One Get One Free coupon, and they were doubling the amount on all your gift card purchases, so of course we had to stop by. We paid for one yogurt, got one free, paid for a $10 gift card and received a gift card for $20. (Maybe I should have bought a $25 gift card to get $50 worth) The boys also got helium balloons to play with--David got two because he refused to have it tied to his wrist, and the first one got away.
While we were eating our yummy yogurt, they announced an Olympic contest. The asked for volunteers to sing the National Anthem while three children stood on boxes representing a medals ceremony. Steve once sang the National Anthem at a minor league baseball game in Orem, Utah, so I volunteered him to sing. I don't think he wanted to, but because he loves me and he knows that I love ice cream, he did it. He sounded great! The room erupted into applause when he finished, and I was so proud. :) I wish I had my camera. They said they may post photos of Steve on facebook, so we'll have to see. So, now we have $25 worth of gift cards for frozen yogurt to Yodipity. I wonder how long it will last. I think I'm a bad influence for my Type 1 Diabetic husband, but ice cream is in my blood. Growing up there was always at least one or two half gallons of ice cream in the freezer and even more in the deep freeze. Grandpa Christensen always had a bowl of ice cream after every dinner, and he lived until he was 97 years old! It's our favorite treat for Family Home Evening. And now I sit here writing a crazy blog entry about ice cream when I should be in bed asleep. I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream. Or in our case, we all sing for ice cream. Thank you Steve!

3 comments:
That's a great story! I wonder if John would do it. He loves ice cream but doesn't like to be the center of attention. How was the ice cream by the way?
That's awesome! Steve's the bomb! Did I know that Steve sang the national anthem at a minor league baseball game (Owls?)? I want to hear him sing at a ballgame. Maybe he could sing "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" while you play it. :)
Awesome!! I didn't know Steve could sing! If they post pictures, let us know!! And thanks to Grandpa C. for the love of sweet things! Super cute Valentine's day card, too!! :)
Post a Comment