Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Fathers and Sons Campout

"I love the mountains, I love the rocks and rills..."
David experienced his first Fathers and Sons overnighter May 14th and 15th. The ward camped at Flowing Springs Campground, just north of Payson. I'm so glad the Church has opportunities for fathers and sons to spend time together. David and Steven had a great time together! As soon as they got to the campsite, David started digging in the dirt. Steve said camping in Arizona means camping in dust. David ate pink and white frosted animal crackers for dinner and breakfast and a few Ritz and Club Crackers as sides. He loved holding the flashlight for Steve during the evening devotional and slept like a log in the tent.
Spencer and Melanie also had a good time bonding that weekend. We decided that the boys need more of this one-on-one attention. David and Steve arrived home Saturday at noon, covered from head to toe in dust and dirt, so we know they had a great time. David said next time Spencer and Mom can come with. We can't wait!

No comments: