Steve, David, Spencer and Anna helped celebrate Melanie's 35th birthday on September 29th. (Yikes! Is 35 old?!) Since Spencer's birthday is only four days later, I requested an ice cream pie instead of a cake this year. You can get sick of cake, but you can never have enough ice cream. My birthday also marks the 6 year anniversary of the night Steve asked me to marry him on the Mesa Temple grounds. I'm so glad I said "yes!" He bought me a gorgeous bouquet of pink flowers to celebrate.
Birthdays are much more fun with little children helping you celebrate. Steve and the children gave me some nice cards and the Wizard of Oz DVD for fun. Steve also made a special trip to Jo-Ann's to buy me new fabric I needed for a skirt I'm making since the day before I ruined my fabric by cutting it the wrong way. Such a thoughtful surprise! Good job Steve! :)
Now, about the more important birthday--Spencer's 3rd birthday on October 3rd!! (His "golden" birthday) Since David has been studying the solar system in preschool this month, the boys have watched a lot of space shuttle videos on Youtube with Steve. So, instead of making the dump truck cake like I did for David's third birthday, Spencer requested the rocket ship cake. The boys loved it! The frosting and candy were their favorite parts. Even though it's more work, I enjoy making these fun cupcake cakes for their birthdays. It was so nice to have Steve help me decorate it the day before.
The morning of Spencer's birthday we went to the Park of the Canals, a park built around some of the water canals of the Hohokam Indians from 300 BC. This park is the boys' new favorite park and it's finally cool enough to play at the parks again after a long, hot summer.
That afternoon we pulled out the homemade playdough and had lots of fun making a mess everywhere. They thought they were hilarious when they put it on their foreheads. Why not put playdough on your head?
David made sure Spencer knew how to open his presents and Anna enjoyed playing with the ribbons.
Happy 3rd Birthday Spencer! WE LOVE YOU!!
The star candles were an extra treat, and Spencer didn't mind David helping him blow them out.
The star candles were an extra treat, and Spencer didn't mind David helping him blow them out.
Setting the camera on automatic used to get their attention as the red light flashed. Now it's no longer a novelty, and it's pure luck that everyone is looking at the camera and smiling.
I had to include this photo even though it's out of focus because it represents our reality. Happy Birthday! Good times!!
5 comments:
I'm not gonna lie. 35 IS old. Too bad I'm right behind you. :) I'm glad you had a good birthday. I can't believe how big Spencer looks. That's what we get for missing a year of Spring Training--your kids grow up too much. Good job on the amazing cake. That last pic is my fave. Hilarious!
Wow, I'm impressed bought fabric at JoAnn's, John would have no clue how to do that. Happy late Birthday!
Fun fun September birthdays!! :) Your kids are adorable and 35 is a great age!! Enjoy. :)
Well, I guess one September and one October birthday. oops. But FUN anyway!!!
Okay, Melanie! Time for some new posts!
Post a Comment