Day Old Child
My day old child lay in my arms, With my lips against his ear.
I whispered strongly, "How I wish-- I wish that you could hear,
"I've a hundred wonderful things to say, (a tiny cough and a nod),
"I've a hundred wonderful things to say, (a tiny cough and a nod),
hurry, hurry, hurry and grow So I can tell you about God."
My day-old baby's mouth was still And my words only tickled his ear,
My day-old baby's mouth was still And my words only tickled his ear,
But a kind of light passed through his eyes,
And I saw this thought appear:
"How I wish I had a voice and words,I've a hundred things to say.
"How I wish I had a voice and words,I've a hundred things to say.
Before I forget, I'd tell you of God --I left Him yesterday."
by Carol Lynn Pearson
by Carol Lynn Pearson
We are so grateful Spencer is already 10 days old instead of being born today on his due date. It was wonderful having Grandma Burgess here last week and Grandma Easthope with us this week. David is doing great with his baby brother, and first thing in the morning he does the sign for baby, wanting to know where Spencer is. David is fascinated with Spencer, but quickly moves on to something else that catches his interest.
Spencer is our "Conference Baby," born the day before the General Conference of the LDS Church. We were able to watch a few talks from the hospital, but we will have to read the rest of them in the Ensign. We had a difficult time deciding on a name for him but decided on Spencer Dean the day after he was born. Spencer shares the name with two prophets: Thomas Spencer Monson and Spencer W. Kimball. Spencer's great-great grandmother (Grandpa Burgess's maternal grandmother) is Myra Spencer King. His middle name Dean is Grandpa Burgess's name. We know Spencer has many great ancestors on both sides of the family who love him and will watch over him. We are so grateful that Spencer was sent to our home.
7 comments:
Melanie, what great pictures! I LOVE that poem, too!! So sweet. Thanks for sharing how you chose Spencer's name--I love that name. And I also love thinking about how our kids come here with so much hope being related to so many wonderful people!!
He looks great. Can't wait to meet both your little guys.
Congratulations on your new baby! Love you all!
Wow, he is super cute!! I'm so happy for your family. I can't believe he was born a day before conference... that is so appropriate for the Burgesses, I think! Give him a big kiss from his cousin once removed! ;)
Cute little person (well, people actually... you have such cute little boys)! Congrats! I need to make my way that direction sometime in the future and stop in on my way to visit my sister. yes I should.
I got an e-mail/invite from Elder Saavedra (was he in 16 de Julio?) I need to respond, but my Spanish is horrid these days.
Melanie-I just found your blog through Andrea's! Congrats on the baby!That's so exciting! Thanks for sharing the darling pictures!
Steve, Congrats on the new baby! What an exciting edition to the family. I am sure you two will have your hands full. I noticed from your facebook pics. all the national parks you and Melanie have visited, so when is the Yosemite trip?
Post a Comment