Melanie celebrated her birthday on Tuesday, September 29th. To celebrate I took David and Spencer to the Arizona Museum for Youth and met two friends, Michelle and Jen and her girl Jocelyn there. We love the AMY because there is a play area for children 0-4 years of age with lots of space to run around and hands-on activities.
As we were leaving Michelle asked me if I was going to get my free birthday meal at Joe's BBQ in Gilbert. I knew the boys would fall asleep in the car, so I said I wasn't going to this year. Michelle, however, knowing how much I love a free deal, said she would follow me in her car and wait with the boys while I got my free meal. So, I got my free BBQ sandwich, pork & beans, homemade rootbeer and dessert. Thanks Michelle!
The day before my birthday Steve bought me yellow roses in honor of our engagement. He proposed to me four years ago on my birthday on the grounds of the LDS Mesa Temple. He gave me yellow roses that night because I sarcastically said yellow roses are my favorite--it's red, but now I like yellow too. He bought them a day early so I could enjoy them the whole day on my birthday. Tuesday evening we celebrated with cake and ice cream. Yum!
5 comments:
I'm glad you had a great birthday! I will try to call you later this week.
I was thinking of you on your birthday--even though you wouldn't know it because I didn't email or call or write...BUT it seems like you had a happy day. And what a yummy meal! I LOVE homemade rootbeer. And yellow roses are my favorite!! Happy birthday. You know September birthdays belong to some of the greatest people!! :)
What a bad friend I am. I think I saw you three times that week and didn't even know or wish you a Happy Birthday. Anyway, Happy belated Birthday!
That's right, you were the caboose for all of us friends. Happy birthday! It sounds like the perfect day, surrounded with happy kids and good friends. That's how I like to spend mine too!
a free meal is a great part of a birthday! next time I will pay more attention to the date & bring a cake with me for you :) or brownies...whatever you like.
Post a Comment