Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Lisa and Eric's Wedding!

Lisa Burgess and Eric Danielson were married in the LDS Salt Lake Temple on Friday, September 4th. It was a wonderful day for everyone. My mom described it as "glorious." Lisa looked so beautiful and happy. You could see the joy in her smile and eyes. Eric is one lucky guy to marry Lisa, and Lisa is also very fortunate to find someone like Eric. All of the nieces and nephews already love Eric, and he loves to play with them.


The temple sealing was wonderful. Elder Craig Zwick of the First Quorum of the Seventy officiated their sealing. There was a special feeling in the temple as he gave them words of advice and as he taught us about the blessings and promises of the temple. I loved being in the temple with all of my siblings and their spouses, as well as most of our aunts and uncles and a few close family friends. I thought about our eternal families, past and future. It's exciting that Lisa and Eric are now starting their own family.


It was fun to see the nieces and nephews in their adorable outfits. Fortunately the bows and ties survived the whole day and only started coming off during the dinner that evening. Tanner managed to dunk his tie into the water fountain outside the reception room, and both Brooklyn and David dumped their pink lemonade onto themselves. It was a long day for the children, especially with no naps, but they were wonderful. Spencer finally collapsed just before the dinner--it's amazing how he can sleep through all the commotion. All of them were excited to see the bride Lisa in her white princess dress. Jaci loved holding Lisa's train. David talked about Lisa and Eric going to the temple where Jesus lives to get married. We all survived two rounds of photographs, and there may be a few photos where everyone is looking at the photographer and smiling.

Lisa and Eric looked so happy. It was fun to see the sparkle in their eyes. Their joy is contagious. I thought everything turned out wonderfully. The flowers and cake were beautiful. The dinner was delicious and the program was delightful. I enjoyed hearing Aunt Debbie Christensen sing "Long Line of Love" because it made me think of my parents, grandparents and others and their love for their families. Even though it's an old country song, it has a good message. "I come from a long line of love. When the times get hard, we don't give up. Forever is in my heart and in my blood. You see, I come from a long line of love."
Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Danielson! Lisa and Eric will be an amazing couple. Thanks to their friends Jen and Paul who set them up last summer. Their wedding made me realize again how grateful I am for my family. Family is everything!  
We love you!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

It was so neat to be together. I loved what you wrote. It was a great day!