Monday, February 7, 2011

My Blessings...



Intense. Life is intense. I feel pulled in a hundred different directions all the time. Good morning sunshine! Did you have a good sleep? Who’s crying now? Are you sharing? Please be nice. Please get off of each other. Who had it first? Just touch her head. Please be soft. Don’t put her fingers in your mouth. Please climb down from there. Are you OK? Where does it hurt? Do you want me to kiss it better? I’m sorry. I love you. Do you feel better now? Can you say please? Have a good day! Do you have your kit and cell phone?  Do you have a bubble in your tummy? Are you happy? Do you need to go to the bathroom? One string cheese is enough for now. I’m sorry but we’re out of chocolate milk. If you stay by my side we’ll buy some yogurt pretzels. We’ve watched enough TV for today. Quiet time for everyone. Do you want to go to the park today? Look-excavator! Save me Mr. Fireman! Be careful! Welcome to the Island of Sodor. You’re so silly. Good job smashing that play dough. Wow-cool airplane you made! Yee-hah Cowboy! Let’s go ride our tricycles to the mailbox. If I hold in my gut maybe I can count this as exercise. Do you want to play baseball with the sticks and pinecones? Good job! We’re not dumping water into the sandbox today. The sand belongs INSIDE the sandbox. The rocks need to stay in the yard. Wow-look how fast you can run. Who’s crying? What time is it? You’re OK. It’s OK. Are you hungry again Anna? That was a great burp! Boys, do you want to play in the bathtub? Please keep the water inside the tub. Don’t drink the tub water please. Hi Steve, this is Melanie, will you be home soon? Please call me when you leave so I know when to start dinner. I ate all of the rest of the ice cream. I love you. Can I have a hug? I think I smell a dirty diaper. So, tell me about your day. One more bite please?  1, 2,…  Are you doing OK Anna? You can hold her after we wash your hands. She loves you. You’re such a good brother. Look at her smile. Clean up, clean up, everybody clean up… When we pray, we need to kneel and not make noise. Let’s try that again. Goodnight Gorilla. Goodnight Moon. Baby Mine. Goodnight my angels. I love you all the stars in the sky…and the moon!

Life is so good. We are so blessed.  It’s crazy and intense and non-stop and exhausting, but it’s so good. Sigh.


8 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I love this post! And I love you!! I feel even more exhausted just thinking about what's ahead of me. :)

jhoopes said...

LOVE this post, Melanie!! I love it! It made me want to laugh and cry. :) So true. You're awesome!

Kori said...

You pretty much just summed up my life just take the baby Anna parts out. That was awesome!

Amy said...

Wow. Sounds so familiar!

The Millers said...

I think 75% of those comments come out of my mouth every day! I hear you, my friend. It's an exhausting whirlwind of an adventure. Keep your chin up!

Katie said...

Wow! That is pretty much all I can say. Very cute post...oh and exhausting post.

Camille Herbst said...

So true! It made me smile and I always love checking your blog!

Mary Kay said...

Yep--it sounds pretty familiar! Most of those phrases are in my daily repitoire too! Benjamin's heart is set on a train birthday cake for his birthday next week. I'm planning on copying yours! Thanks for the idea!